Frequently Asked Questions
We install all domestic gas boilers including combi, system and conventional boilers.
Yes. We will also advise you on the best type of boiler and central heating system for your property.
Yes. We can repair all makes and types of gas. You will be advised by our Gas Safe Registered engineers if the parts are no longer available or if your boiler is beyond economical repair and what steps to take.
For safety and efficiency, you should have your boiler serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
- Extinguish all naked flames and do not smoke or strike matches
- Do not touch any electrical switches to turn off or on
- Turn the gas off at the meter
- Open doors and windows
- Get everyone out of the affected area
- Turn off the water at the main stopcock
- Turn on all of your cold taps to drain the system
- Turn off your central heating, immersion heaters and any other water heating System you may have. Once done, turn on the hot taps to drain the hot water in your system
- Turn off the electrics
- Call Gareth to arrange for us to come and fix the problem.
Gas Safe are the governing body who replaced Corgi in 2009. All engineers who work on gas are legally required to be registered with Gas Safe and will carry a Gas Safe card.
If you rent out property as a Landlord, you are responsible for ensuring all gas appliances are checked every 12 months and kept in good working order. Once completed, you will be issued with a certificate, which must be kept for 2 years.
The cause for this issue is due to sediment buildup in the water heater tank. Many hot water burners are at the bottom of the tank. Due to this, debris can build up and make your boiler less effective at heating your water.
This is due to sediment build up in your water heater. This can often happen when water picks up minerals and sediment on its way to your water heater. Over time the sediment sinks to the bottom of the water heater tank because the sediment is heavier than the water.